Day 7: I Didn't Feel Like Writing Today, Just This...

By, Lenin Silva
"Change your life today. Don't gamble on the future, act now, without delay." - An abstract expressionist representation of living authentically, inspired by Simone de Beauvoir.

Today was one of those days where the usual urge to write, to spill my thoughts and reflections onto the page, simply wasn't there. It was a day lived in the simplicity of routine, the comfort of the mundane, and the peace found in ordinary moments.

I woke up with the sun, greeting the day with an energy that propelled me to the gym. There, amidst the rhythm of footsteps on treadmills and the clanking of weights, I found my mind drifting, not to the stories I could write or the words I could weave, but to the present moment, the physicality of being.

After the gym, I ventured to the grocery store. The aisles, lined with an abundance of food, reminded me of the simple pleasures in life. Each selection was a reminder of the nourishment and care we owe ourselves. I filled my basket, not just with food, but with the ingredients for days yet to be lived.

The walk home was accompanied by music, a soundtrack to the thoughts that usually would have found their way onto paper. Instead, they floated away with the melodies, leaving a sense of tranquility in their wake.

At home, I watered my plants, a small yet significant act of nurturing life. In the droplets on leaves and the moist soil, I saw the reflection of care, growth, and the silent stories that reside in the act of tending.

I took time to rest, allowing myself the space to simply be. In the quiet, I found a different kind of productivity, one not measured by words written or tasks completed, but by the gentle acceptance of rest as a necessary part of the creative process.

As the day draws to a close, I'm ready for what tomorrow may bring. Today, I didn't feel like writing, but in living through these moments, I've gathered stories yet to be told, reflections yet to be written. And for now, that's more than enough.
Amongst these serene activities, I carved out time for reflection and writing, not of my own story, but of another's—Simone de Beauvoir. In a blog post, I delved into the life and philosophy of this monumental figure, weaving together a brief biography with insights into her understanding of the human condition. Through her words, "The body isn’t a thing, it’s a situation: it’s our grasp on the world and our sketch of our project," and "Change your life today. Don't gamble on the future, act now, without delay," I explored the depth of her thoughts on existence, freedom, and the urgency of living authentically.

This exploration into Beauvoir's life and philosophy served as a bridge between the mundane and the profound, reminding me and my readers of the power of our actions and the fluidity of our existence. It was an invitation to apply her insights into our daily lives, to ponder on her words as we drifted into sleep, contemplating the projects of our lives and the immediacy with which we ought to embrace them.

As night falls, I am prepared for the morrow, enriched not just by the experiences of today but by the legacy of thinkers like Beauvoir. Today, my writing took a different form, one that intertwined with life's simple moments and the profound reflections they can inspire. And for now, that is perfectly enough.

Comments