By, Lenin Silva
Here's to finding peace in the process and strength in the setbacks. - Lenin Silva
One of my top priorities today is learning "Something" by George Harrison on the ukulele. Afterward, I want to tend to my plants and garden. Then, it's back to writing.
Earlier, I received a rejection letter from UC Berkeley for fall 2024 admission. I'm still working through those feelings. On a positive note, I reached out to one of my mentors for a letter of recommendation for the California State University, Long Beach Master's program in philosophy. This completes my application, so fingers crossed for some good news from either UCLA or Cal State Long Beach. Cal State Long Beach only offers a master's degree, while UCLA offers a master's with a route to a PhD—both appealing options for my graduate studies in philosophy.
While I wait, there's no way I'm stopping my learning journey. My academic work remains incredibly important to me. Regardless of whether I'm in a formal program, I'll continue researching, reading, and writing. Even without the structure of academia, I can pursue work that will strengthen my intellectual foundation.
Today, I want to dive deeper into my academic interests as a researcher. With my background in consciousness and philosophy of mind, I'm drawn to the philosophy of cognitive sciences. My plan is to spend some time on Google Scholar exploring topics like cognitive-behavioral therapy, social ontology, and the theory of mind. Building better habits and strengthening my skills are vital.
I'm proud to say that this is my third day of substance-free, mindful living, and actively journaling my thoughts and feelings. Instead of slipping into negativity about the past, I'm finding that expressing myself through writing offers an incredibly positive outlet. The future feels hopeful, and I'm committed to my healing journey. Let's make the most of today!
Comments
Post a Comment